Feb 18, 2011

I Am A Foster Mom!!!!!


To Yorkies. I joined a group here in Oklahoma called OK Yorkie Rescue. They get Yorkies that have been abandoned, abused, neglected and come from those horrible puppy mills. We foster them till they are adopted to their forever homes. I have two Yorkies of my own......Winnie and Tigger....their pic is over on the right side of this blog. They aren't to thrilled when I get a new baby to foster, but they go with the flow. I've had 3 Yorkies that I fostered and went to their forever homes. It's sad when that happens, cause I miss them, but on the other hand it's so gratifying to see them wag their tales and give kisses to their new families.

The last Yorkie I was to foster was Asha. She was so abused. She only has one tooth and her little pink tongue hangs out all the time, she had a big tumor on her back, her hair was all long and matted, and when I would set her down she would just stand in one spot forever and just shake. Needless to say, she never did get put up for adoption, she stayed with us. I just couldn't put her through any more trauma. We had her tumor removed, had her hair cut off, and had the vet get her up to date with all her shots, etc. The vet thinks she is about 8 years old, we don't know for sure. She just had a very rough life. She is the sweetest little thing and has really changed. She runs around and plays and sticks to me like glue.

I don't know how people can abuse animals and Lord help them if I ever get a hold of them. Grrrrrrrr

5 comments:

Robin said...

What a sweet precious pooch !! And God Bless you for all you are doing for these fur babies !!!
Robin

Terri said...

You're a true saint. I couldn't give it up if I got it. Your blog looks great! Terri

Terri said...

Cindy I just read your bio, we do have alot in common. Tim Holtz and Oklahoma. Most of my family live in or near Oklahoma. They call me their Yankee girl,lol! I will be in Oklahoma the end of March.....gotta get mt Canton fix. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hus, Terri

Whimsey Creations said...

Aw it was a lucky day when she found you Cindy! What a sweetie!

Mary said...

Poor little Asha! I have a poor little Lola. Our little rescue pomeranian. She had a mouth full of rotten teeth and was afraid of her own shadow. We had to have her shaved to the skin because her matts were the size of fists. Terrible how some people can treat their pets.