Feb 3, 2011

HELLO FROM COLD AND FROZEN OKLAHOMA!

It's been much to long since I've posted on my blog. Time just goes so fast anymore. Here it is February already. Geesch, where did January go. Anyway, I am going to make a big attempt to get back blogging on a regular basis (crossing my fingers here). I am still new to blog land so bear with me while I attempt to do this blog.

Our weather the past few days has been downright nasty. I live in Southern Oklahoma and we got hit with some nasty weather. We got two inches of ice and on top of that, we got 4 inches of snow. Slammed us pretty good. I ventured out today to get my hair cut...........ladies you know nothing will keep us from our hairdresser. LOLOL The roads were shere ice........I did some slipping and a sliding, but managed to make it. I love winter (stop throwing stones at me) but this weather is rough. We went down to -10 below the other night and our furnace ran and ran. Can you say.......HELLO HI ELECTRIC BILL.

Anyway, I am starting to get back in the crafting mood again...slowly.......but I'm getting there. It's hard to get in a crafting mood when it's so dreary out. But I'm thinking "Sring" and going for it. I am a member of Simply Primitives, so be sure and stop by there and see what goodies I have up for sale.

Am going to make a big old pot of Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It sounds perfect on a day like this. I'm drinking some warm cider as I sit here and type. Gotta warm up somehow.

Hope you all are warm and not having to cold of a day.

2 comments:

Homespun Heart Primitive said...

Well YUM! Loaded Baked Potatoe Soup sounds delicious! Do you have a favorite recipe?
Stay warm!
xox,
Sharon

Cindy said...

Hi Sharon, I will post the recipe for the Loaded Baked Potato Soup I Use. Here goes:

O'CHARLEYS BAKED POTATO SOUP

Ingredients:
3 pounds red potatoes
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup flour
8 cups half-and-half
16 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
White pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 pound bacon, fried crisply
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:

Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.

In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and- half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.

Add melted Velveeta. Stir well. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.

Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.

This recipe for O'Charley's Baked Potato Soup serves/makes 10