Oct 1, 2011

Happy October 1st

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Drum Roll Please~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sold two batches of my patterns to raise money for our Church's mission trip and the grand total I made was...........$689.00. That is awesome. And many thanks to those of you who bought the patterns and big shout out to all the wonderful designers who said it was okay to sell the patterns. Oh and I even made money off of the "crochety, nasty" pattern designer's one pattern. LOLOL No names, but you know who you are. LOL This money will definately help our church. I still have a few patterns left to sell, and will list them soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe its been awhile since I posted. This year has gone so fast and soon it will be Christmas. Ahhhhhhhhhh I ran to Lowes today to look for some fall plants and they have up all their Christmas trees and decorations. Geez in October. No wonder everyone is sick of Christmas by the time it gets here. We have it in our face for months. But it is still my all time favorite holiday. I just wish we'd all get back to the "Olde Time Christmas" that we used to have. When the emphasis was on spending time together and not how much you could buy for someone or how much you spent. People spend so much time rushing around doing for the holidays that they forget what the holidays are all about. I remember as a kid growing up, my parents never even put up the Christmas tree till we went to bed Christmas Eve. When we got up on Christmas morning....there was a beautiful tree and presents. Now I know why my parents were so tired Christmas morning. LOL We never got much, but it was exciting. We all got PJ's of course and the stocking.....which were usually my dads old socks.....washed of course.....filled with an orange, an apple and some whole walnuts.

Now people have to have designer stockings and fill them with expensive goodies. To much emphasis on the monetary part of Christmas and not the real reason. That is sad. I prefer a Christmas where the gifts are handmade and given with love. Where you bake cookies for days and days and the house smells so yummy. In today's economy maybe we ought to go back to the "good old days". Who can afford Christmas anymore?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a new gal I created and she is available on www.simplyprmitives.com....just look under Mustard Moon Primitives. I think she turned out pretty cute. Her name is Lucie and she has a pal... Baby Girl. She is a bear, but relax......she is a kind bear and takes her pal Baby Girl everywhere with her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am trying to get in the mood to start making some Holiday crafts, but it's been hard. Three weeks ago I had dental implants done and it's been a little rough. One implant is giving me the fits and the doc may have to redo it, I hope not. Then a week and a half ago I fell off my shoe. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....yeppers, I fell off my shoe. I had on a pair of wedge sandals and was walking and you know how your foot twists off your shoe every once in awhile......well it happened to me. When my foot slipped off my shoe, I heard a bone snap. I broke a small bone on the left side of my left foot. Owwwweeeeeee. It turned a nice shade of black and blue. So for the past week or so I have been gumming my food and hobbling on my bad foot. Geesch, old age sure isn't any fun. I want to be young again. LOLOL And I refuse to wear those Ruth Buzzy type black old lady shoes. LOL

But now that our weather here in Oklahoma has finally cooled off, maybe I can hit my craft room and craft up a storm. But first I have to clean it and organize it....yeah right. I am open to suggestions. LOLOL My hubby says I could go into the "craft supply" business with all the stuff I have in my little craft room. He's so funny..........NOT.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a yummy recipe you just have to try. Especially now that it has gotten cooler. You will love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oven Baked Apple Donuts~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
1 1/2 cups of bite size chunks of apple, peeled and cored
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/3 cup of cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

To Coat Donuts:
1/4 cup fo butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugars, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. Add the cold chopped butter. Rub the pieces of butter with the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

In a seperate bowl, beat the egg.......mix in the milk and fold in the chopped apples.

Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir using a spatula making sure not to over mix.

Place a spoonful of batter into each mold of a buttered mini muffin pan.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until donuts are just golden. Remove from oven and lightly brush each donut with the melted butter. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and dunk each donut in the bowl and shake off excess. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That will do it for me today. I am off to try and figure out how to make my craft room nice and neat. If you don't hear from me for a few days, send in the bloodhounds, I'm in that craft room somewhere.

Prim Blessings

1 comment:

Old Road Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.