Jan 20, 2012

Hello 2012~~~~Goodbye 2011

Gosh I was going to be a good girl and start updating my blog on a regular basis......starting January 1st. Well......Hello.......here it is January 20th and this is my first post. Where do the days go. LOLOL I had good intentions, I really did.

I can't believe that 2011 has come and gone. That year went way to fast and so much happened. First.....in November, 2011, I lost my baby brother to cancer. Jeff was 56 years old and a great guy. He had such a rough life and some really hard knocks but the thing I remember most about him was he was always laughing. He left behind a beautiful new granddaughter and grandson he never got to see. He also loved his Pittsburgh Steelers very much and was a die hard fan.

I think about him often and go over in my mind all the things I wish I had said to him. I hope he knows how very much I loved him. I know he is in a better place and I will see him again one day, but there is still a hole in my heart that I don't think will ever close. Love you Jeff.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story continues.........about 10 days after losing my brother I was involved in a car accident. Totaled my car. My first accident. I was driving along in town and took my eyes off the road for a second and when I looked up.......can you say......hello bumper. I hit a stopped SUV in front of me. He was turning. I was going to swerve into the next lane, but to many cars coming so I had to hit him. I just started crying. Then, the driver I hit turned on his "police lights" in the back window of the SUV. Yepper........I hit a cop. Oh, I didn't hit just a regular cop, noooo I hit the "head sheriff. Ahhhhhhhhhhh I really got hysterical then. But he was so awesome. I was crying like a maniac and so shook up he called an ambulance just to get me calmed down. No one was hurt, thank God. But my car was totaled, he had just a little bit of damage to his back bumper. I had the cutest PT Cruiser convertible and I loved it. The sheriff was so nice and concerned about me he even called me at home the next day to see how I was. Thank you Ken Grace for being such a caring person.


Sooooooo had to start dealing with insurance companies, etc. Thank goodness my insurance company is a great one.....USAA. They got the ball rolling right away and got me a rental car. They towed my car someplace to see if it was worth fixing or not. And it wasn't, so they paid me what it was worth and I had to start looking for another car. Bummer....as my PT Cruiser was paid off. So after much research and looking I decided on a Hyundai Tuscon Limited. It has alot of extras and I love it. Although it hard getting used to a new vehicle, especially when it's bigger than my PT Cruiser. LOL But I am getting there. My friends said I should get a Hummer in case I run into.........no pun intended........any more cops. LOL
So now I am paranoid about hitting a car and am driving a tad slower than I used to. Don't want to go through that again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is good news though..........I got the most awesome Christmas present from my wonderful hubby. Every year he asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I would tell him the same thing....."before I die, I want to see my Pittsburgh Steelers play in Pittsburgh".......and every year I didn't get it. LOL But this year, hubby came through in a big way. He got tickets to see the Steelers play the Rams on Christmas Eve Day in Pittsburgh. Yessssssssssss It was awesome. I cried when I got in the stadium. Couldn't believe I had finally gotten there. Hubby got excellent seats to. We were on the 35 yard line, behind the Steelers bench, about 15 rows up. Can you say..........AWESOME!!!!! It was all I had hoped it would be, and the Steelers won that game. To bad they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Sniff, sniff. You can see by the picture that I was just about the first one in the stadium. LOLOL



Got to visit with some very dear, dear, friends of the family who are like a mom and dad to me. We caught up on old times, and talked until 1am in the morning for two mornings straight. They took hubby and me around to my old haunts.....my high schoool, place I had lived, etc., and took us to the "hot dog shop". For those of you not from Pittsburgh, you will just have to take my word that they are the best chili hot dogs in the world. LOL When it was time to head back home I didn't want to say goodbye to them. They are two of the nicest, caring and funny people you'll ever run across. I love you Bill and Dee. Thanks for a great time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now here it is January 20th and I need to get on the ball and start crafting and getting back to a so called "normal" life, whatever that is. I made a few Valentine's goodies and if you'd like to see them you can go to..... www.simplyprimitives.com and click on Mustard Moon Primitives.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our weather here in Oklahoma has been so mild this winter. Makes me wonder when the other shoe is going to drop. Today it was 70. Although I like the milder temps, I would like to see at least one snow fall this winter. We need a frost or two to kill those pesky mosquitos and their eggs otherwide, we are all going to get bit up this summer. Yuck. The warm temps lull you into a false sense of security because I want to be outside planting, but not now cause I think Old Man Winter will rear his head at least once this winter.

Well I am off to get into some type of trouble, so until next time......be good to each other and love each other and Prim Blessings.

No comments: